XYZprinting Da Vinci 3D Scanner Review
In the XYZprinting Da Vinci 3D Scanner Review, we review different aspects of the DaVinci XYZ 3D printer. We make a brief introduction of the company who created the model and then review basic features and details. We end with our main conclusion.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x_iBKHU-o0]
- Introduction DaVinci XYZ Company
- XYZprinting Da Vinci 3D Scanner Review
- DaVinci XYZ
- 3D Scanner Bundle
- DaVinci XYZ 3D Scanner Details
- Setup: Plug & Print
- Printing Quality: Acceptable
- Other Features
- Specifications & System Requirements
- Scanning Quality: Unexpected
- Bottom Line: Decent Printing, But Poor Scanning
Introduction DaVinci XYZ Company
XYZprinting company which is a comparatively new company, founded in 2013, but has already cleared several 3D printers to the public. They are devoted to creating cost-effective outcomes to the consumer market and businesses global.
They have gathered on user knowledge with every product they have produced to the market. Their focus on discovery has put them in a good position to face in the 3D printer market.
Kinpo Group Support
The support of Kinpo Group, a world advance complex in electronic production, gives XYZprinting access to thousands of engineers in four continents for analysis and advancement.
Kinpo Group has been improving and inventing printers for commercial and private use for more than a decade. The Company also gained the CES 2014 Editors’ Choice Honor for their first reaction of the da Vinci 3D printer.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sowHLwU-q5o]
XYZprinting Da Vinci 3D Scanner Review
The DaVinci XYZ 3D printer is a fabulous user-friendly and affordable 3D printer. Those individuals engaged in a desktop 3D printer should examine XYZprinting’s brand-new variant of the Da Vinci 3D printer.
That da Vinci 1.0 AiO is a legitimate option for 3D printing enthusiasts that are affected in a different user-friendly sense. It is relatively economical and combines a 3D scanner. The scanning program is placed below the publication platform and can scan objects at best size of 6 x 6 x 6 inches.
3D Scanner Bundle
The scanner is remarkably good for consumers without 3D modeling skills. In general, every DaVinci XYZ 3D printer enthusiast needs a 3D Scanner. The DaVinci XYZ 3D printer comes modeled and accurately calibrated out of the box. There is a lot of filling material, so be prepared to spend some time separating the tape and casting zip ties.
If anything appears to the DaVinci XYZ 3D printer during unpacking, there is an opportunity to calibrate the DaVinci XYZ manually. The AiO is a somewhat large printer for an individual extruder (18.4 x 20.1 x 22 inches). The printer reaches with an ABS filament cartridge for the user’s first print.
DaVinci XYZ 3D Scanner Details
That Da Vinci 1.0 AiO is not delicate: The big plastic cover of the printer/scanner sequence measures a sizeable 18.5 x 20 x 22 inches (47 x 51 x 56 cm), so it would consider up a massive lump of your desk. It is heavy, as well: At a hefty 60 pounds, it’s not something you are going to be moving it approximately much.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8J__lg__C4]
This big, boxy design does indicate that the complete printing and scanning assembly is enclosed, though, so it is less prone to gathering dirt or having prints fail in a drafty room. Also, the hot parts are beyond casual range.
Clear Plastic Door
The clear plastic door on the front of this case opens to render way to the printing and scanning range, and a door on top is for adjusting the filament cartridges. Magnets hold the door closed, but it doesn’t lock. And reopening the door does not pause the print, so the da Vinci isn’t suitable for use by unsupervised teenagers.
A LED light inside the case illustrated the printing and scanning area but had the disturbing habit of turning off after a several of minutes. You have to press the OK button on the powers to turn the light back on. These controls are a group of six buttons above the door, and a four-line LCD for the print status and the menu.
This printer designs for stand-alone use. You have to store the 3D print file or save the 3D scan through the combined software from a USB-tethered computer as there is no SD card slot.
The da Vinci 1.0 AiO wants the same ABS filament cartridge design as XYZ’s previous models. At the cost of about $28 for a 600-gram cartridge, the thread operates out to approximately $45 per kilogram; that is on the high side.
Generic filament sells for between $25 and $45 a kilo online. The XYZ printing filament is ready in 13 colors — a good range. You can’t use other elements such as PLA or the flexible plastics that many other printers help.
The hot glass print bed can hold objects up to 7.8 x 7.8 x 7.5 inches, for an entirety of 456 cubic inches. That puts it on a par with the greatest print size of the contemporary MakerBot Replicator, which offers 455 cubic inches.
Prints had virtually no predicaments sticking to this heated bed. The models can adhere to the print bed, but this is very rare. XYZ does combine a UHU glue stick, to help prints adhere to the bed, but usually, it is not necessary.
When you inaugurate the included XYZscan software, the print bed is raised out of the way so you can place the thing on the scanner’s turntable.
When it is available, the program twists the turntable and zaps the object with two red laser arrays (one to the side of the purpose and one slightly above it). A camera next to each laser identifies the reflected light, and the program then uses this information to create the scanned model.
Setup: Plug & Print
The da Vinci 1.0 AiO is simplistic to use and doesn’t require any setup or tweaking. You will be able to prepare the box and begin the first print in about 25 minutes. Most of this time is spent unwrapping the device. Unlike with most competing printers, you do not need to calibrate the printer or level the print bed. Those two important factors come already tested and calibrated.
Printing Quality: Acceptable
The condition of the da Vinci 1.0 AiO’s prints is excellent. The 3D Prints have clean edges and a large amount of detail. There is some definite layering on some coverings, such as the back of the Thinker sculpture. The DaVinci XYZ 3D printer also delivers a lot of plastic whiskers, made from small volumes of molten plastic that is still appended to the printhead as it moves. They are easily clipped off, but still, decrease the regularity of the print.
The DaVinci XYZ 3D printer also delivers a lot of plastic whiskers, made from small volumes of molten plastic that is still appended to the printhead as it moves. They are easily clipped off, but still, decrease the regularity of the print.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREAPKcZZts]
The da Vinci 1.0 AiO grapes with the geometric carving print. This copy comprises creating a lot of thin, angled surfaces and sharp edges, and many came out broken or only partly completed. To be fair, maximum filament 3D printers grapple with this, as it is a very sophisticated design to print, and the da Vinci wasn’t much critical than other 3D printers of the same type, such as the Printrbot Simple.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY8V25yywTM]
The final 3D print outcomes as a set of 3D gears that fit collectively to form a restless gear mechanism. Some of the smaller parts can be somewhat undeveloped and a little difficult to separate from the shielding material. However, after a small quantity of cleaning, you will be able to fit the mechanism together, and all of the gears will turn as expected.
- Speedy scan algorithm takes less than 5 minutes to deliver a 3D scan with a mechanical grade resolution.
- Asymmetric Laser Sensors Technology work mutually with the turntable to ensure a complete scan.
- 3D prints entirely concluded with no assembly demanded.
- Printing space enclosure defends users from the high temperatures required to 3D print.
- Simplistic to use scan software uses smart-fix technology to intensify a 3D scan.
- Access to the XYZWorld society which features a 3D Cloud Library with millenary of easy-to-use, downloadable designs ready for you to print. Upload and share your own ideas with the association.
- Filament cartridges are cassette formed which makes them easy to load.
- Cheap thread alert lets you know when you need to replace filament cartridges.
- Build volume 7.8 x 7.8 x 7.8 inch, which is 15 to 75% larger than what others in its class can print.
- Plug-and-Play Printer.
- With easy-to-install filament cartridges, users can quickly refill the printer.
- Da Vinci’s all enclosed design protects users from the high temperatures required to print.
- Smart Platform Auto Calibration. XYZWare EZ Mode making it easy to use for non-experienced users.
- 3D Design+ Cloud – A service platform makes your 3D creative come true.
- Price less than $500 – The DaVinci XYZ is the most affordable 3D printer of its capacity on the market.
- One-Year Limited Warranty: XYZprinting provides one-year limited warranty after product registration on XYZprinting website. For technical support, you can contact leaving a message on the support page of the official site.
Specifications & System Requirements
- The method of Fabrication is FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication).
- Optimum Build Volume (weight x height x depth): 7.8 x 7.8 x 7.8 inch (20 x 20 x 20cm).
- Printing Definition: Fine (100 microns), Standard (200 microns), Speed (300 microns), Ultra Fast (400 microns).
- Print Head: Single Nozzle.
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm.
- Print Rate: 150mm/sec.
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm.
- Print Material: ABS and PLA.
- File Format Type: STL (universal) and XYZ (proprietary).
- Panel Type: 4 x16 LCM.
- Language: Japanese and English.
- Connection: USB 2.0 Cable.
- Windows OS XP (.net 4.0 is required).
- Windows OS 7 or above (for Personal Computer).
- Mac Osx 10.8 / 64-bit above (for Mac).
- X86 32/64-bit compatible PCs with 2GB+ DRAM (for PC).
- X86 64-bit compatible Macs with 2GB+ DRAM (for Mac).
Scanning Quality: Unexpected
The possibility to put an object into the 3D scanner and output a 3D-printed replica appears like science fantasy. Predestinated, the DaVinci XYZ does this extraordinary process in the blink of an eye. You will see that the 3D scanner part of this device is finicky and difficult to use and that it produces somewhat lower outcomes.
XYZprinting confirms that the object to scan should not be less than two cubic inches in volume. That point is because the scanner doesn’t distinguish unessential details. XYZ says that the tiniest resolution it can scan at is 0.5mm. Nevertheless, in practice, you will observe much larger details.
We found that if you try scanning a stumblingly 2-inch-high figurine of a man whose face is flanked by greenery, the resulting scan can take some of the details but will miss many others. For example, it can blow the leaves around one side of his face.
The 3D scanner strives with many of the objects you can scan. It can fail with objects that are transparent, contemplative or dark. That is because those objects alter the light reflection that it uses to identify the object edges. Sometimes these objects won’t appear in the final scan or will half appear as odd bits.
While there is an incapacity to scan glass objects, the obstacle with studying dark objects is extraordinary. You can even scan a black digital camera flopping. This matte-black camera can do the scan, but the 3D model will be very glitchy, with scattered outsides and parts.
You will get positive results with simple, clean objects with smooth curves rather than hard edges, like a tea cup or a mug. As long as these items are not exceedingly sparkling, the scans will complete well.
Those results are great when contrasted to scanners like that Cubify Sense 3D or the MakerBot Digitizer that do an excellent job as well. Some of those systems also offer more complicated editing tools that help provide cleaner, more reliable models.
Bottom Line: Decent Printing, But Poor Scanning
This XYZprinting Da Vinci 3D Scanner Review makes clear that this DaVinci XYZ is a great combination of a superb 3D Printer and a great 3D scanner. The DaVinci XYZ produces decent quality 3D prints of most things and handles easily accurate details or complex objects.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHIrhZMZAig]